Looking for a professional? Sunbury offers experienced professionals who are keen to bring your next project to fruition. With over 35 years of experience, our trusted installers are able to service both commercials and residential clients from Lions Bay to Hope. Get the results you want.
No one likes surprises, especially when it comes to the cost of your next project. Let us help you get the quote you need to help you plan better.
The Project Manager carries out the operations of our commercial installation division making them smooth and efficient. This position requires leadership, foresight, and organization. You will be managing labour and material resources and are responsible for our project timelines, quality control, and on-site safety. Full-time with benefits and travel reimbursement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct our team of sub-contractors to ensure quality work, safe practices, and productivity
- Scheduling sub-contractors to keep projects on schedule with minimal downtime. Proactively finding solutions to eliminate delay’s
- Perform accurate and detailed site measurements for each project to ensure proper material quantities, lengths, and grades are shipped
- Writing up stock and non-stock material orders
- Collaboration with our Sales Manager on material and labour pricing
- Collaboration with on-site superintendents and construction coordinators to ensure projects are built to specification, on-time, and safely.
- Ensure projects are built according to site plans, Sunbury revisions, specifications, and building codes.
- Ensure site safety meets or exceeds Sunbury Cedar’s and construction site’s safety policies, WCB, and environmental considerations, or any other site-specific safety and environmental policies.
- Oversee the care, proper use, and return of company equipment
- Daily travel within the Lower Mainland
- Creating labour payouts and weekly/monthly customer billing amounts
- Continuous improvement on our process to eliminate material, labour, and time wastes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of fencing, decking, trellis, and custom red cedar projects
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Results focused with strong time management skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management
- Proficient computer skills, with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Must be able to read construction blueprint and schematics
- Proven site safety experience
- Strong construction knowledge, ability to lead and evaluate trade performance
- Ability to manage multiple project timelines, personnel, and material resources
- Maintain the highest quality standards
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and reliable transportation
- This role involves a lot of communication between many parties. Respectful and professional written and verbal communication is a must
- Conduct all communications with customers and business contacts in a conscientious, professional manner
- Objectively assess client needs and pioneer solutions to those needs within our policies
- Analyze and interpret sales orders, inventory reports, product specifications and account information
- Understand and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, builders and designers
- Effectively present information to customers, administration, management, and sub-contractors